While working on your Samsung laptop, it suddenly begins to heat up, slow down, and maybe even halt due to overheating. This may be really annoying, especially if you are juggling a number of different tasks. For example, if you are running many apps simultaneously, laptops can get overheated, resulting in long-term harm to the hardware.
In addition, now that many people work and study from home, it has become more critical than ever to ensure that your laptop is operating at peak performance and is secured from harm. But why is my Samsung laptop overheating?
Your Samsung laptop’s overheating results from the dust, filth, hair, grime accumulated on its fan, the computer’s internal hardware malfunctioning, an outdated battery, or deteriorating thermal paste, which is a material that helps prevent your computer from being overheated.
Why is my Samsung laptop overheating?
Laptops are smaller than desktop computers and feature fewer components. So when you try to load a video game or stream TV shows, the temperature of your gadget might skyrocket. Internal fans will try to cool your laptop, but it may still grow too hot and malfunction.
For example, covered air vents mean placing your laptop on a soft or uneven surface limits airflow. In addition, your laptop may have difficulty cooling due to dust, filth, hair, and grime.
Internal hardware issues include a dead battery or deteriorating thermal paste, which helps keep your computer cool.
How to identify an overheated Samsung laptop
Your Samsung laptop’s temperature should not surpass 95 degrees Fahrenheit. As a result, take rapid action as soon as you see the temperature rising. Not only can your computer be permanently harmed, but it might also spark a fire or injury.
- If you notice that the laptop takes longer than normal to complete simple activities, this could be an overheating problem.
- When you notice the constant freezing of applications and programs.
- If the mouse and keyboard functions on your laptop have stopped working.
- It takes too long until your laptop finally goes off.
- If the laptop screen displays a warning sign of overheating.
- Heating can be caused by components overheating due to a lack of appropriate cooling.
- If the laptop’s fan is making a lot of noise, this might indicate that the laptop’s cooling system isn’t working properly.
- Windows will no longer reply and will be put on hold.
- While playing games, the computer’s response time slows down.
- Excess heat from your Samsung laptop may be causing the fans to grow louder and spin faster.
- An unexpected restart of the operating system.
How to Fix Samsung Overheating
To solve your Samsung overheating issue, follow the steps outlined below:
1. Samsung’s vents need cleaning to remove the dust and lint accumulated over time.
The vents under the casing allow air to pass through from that location. Heating elements may be coated with dust if vents get obstructed or if dust accumulates on the surface. When your Samsung laptop overheats, the fan has to work harder to dissipate the heat because of dust buildup on the fan blades. First, however, you must clean the vents to remove the dust built up over time. I use the Honlibey New Cordless Mini Portable Computer Vacuum Cleaner from Amazon.com to clean my laptop.
2. Put your Samsung in a room with a lower temperature.
If your Samsung gets too hot, try moving it to a cooler location. Heat is the enemy of any laptop; moving the laptop to a room with a cooler temperature will help the fan cool the laptop faster.
3. Make sure that your Samsung has enough room for ventilation before use.
The laptop’s ventilation should be adequate to alleviate your Samsung laptop’s overheating problem with proper airflow. However, the most effective technique for keeping your laptop cool is to keep it upright on a level surface at all times.
4. Use a laptop stand
Indeed, keeping a laptop on a soft surface can cause it to overheat because the vent under the laptop is blocked. To ensure constant, clean airflow to the computer, use a laptop stand to elevate it off of any surface. I recommend using the YoFeW Aluminum Laptop Riser from Amazon.com for next-day delivery. It has an adjustable stand with a multi-angle height. It also has 360° rotation and is compatible with Samsung laptops and MacBooks.
5. Check Samsung’s BIOS for updates.
Updating the BIOS has several advantages, including fixing existing problems, increasing efficiency, and reducing boot time.
6. Make sure there are no hardware issues.
Check for hardware malfunctions to ensure it is not the cause of overheating. Two ways to solve hardware issues are by checking your laptop yourself or contacting Samsung support.
7. Reduce electrical consumption by using low power mode.
Your laptop will use less power and stay cooler in this mode. In addition, activating your Samsung laptop’s performance mode will help decrease the system’s working temperature.
8. To cool down your laptop, get a cooling pad.
As a result of their constant use, many gamers turn to laptop coolers to keep their computers cool. However, if you don’t get the right cooler for your laptop, your problem will worsen. Finally, invest in a cooler that uses less electricity and is more energy-efficient, like the LIANGSTAR laptop cooling pad.
9. Lower your CPU’s frequency.
Many people overclock their CPUs to improve performance and cause their laptops to overheat. Your laptop must be underclocked to remedy the problem.
10. End tasks that use enormous resources.
Programs that use a lot of CPU and storage space put a lot of strain on your Samsung computer. If you cannot use the Task Manager, restarting your computer may help. Every program’s resource use may be seen in the task manager. However, all you have to do is locate the problematic software and force an end to it.
11. Troubleshoot components of the system
Although dust on your computer is a common cause of an overheated Samsung laptop, another possibility for the heating problem is the requirement for prompt replacement of damaged parts. In addition, it is possible for hardware such as the battery, RAM, and hard drive to overheat.
How to prevent your Samsung laptop from overheating.
Make sure your laptop is adequately ventilated to minimize the need for laptop repair when it overheats, which may be a challenge. How to do it is as follows:
- Remove anything near your laptop’s vents and keep them open.
- Use a level, firm surface such as a desk or table to put your laptop computer on.
- It should not have any heavy things placed on top of it.
- Regularly clean the vents to prevent dust from accumulating.
- Work in a room with a lower humidity level.
- Use a laptop cooling pad with built-in fans that elevate your laptop off its resting surface.
- You may change the speed of the fan.
- Don’t use a lot of intensity.
- Don’t leave your laptop in a hot place.
There are different reasons why your Samsung laptop is overheating, especially if you’re performing heavy tasks on it. Another reason is a blocked vent due to the accumulation of dust and dirt. To prevent your Samsung laptop from overheating, follow the set guidelines above.