Following the release of the Nintendo switch in 2017, the new technology featured some cool features like the ability to also work as a hybrid console, docking system, audio jack for wired headphones, and one of the best TV experiences. With all these cool features one thing that’s is missing and has always been the question is how to connect Bluetooth headphones to Nintendo switch. There is so much advantage to using Bluetooth headphones with a Nintendo Switch, like gaming experience on the move. This article will cover all the top Nintendo switch Bluetooth questions, and below is a guide on how to connect Bluetooth to a Nintendo switch.
This is a quick guide on how to connect a Bluetooth headphone to a Nintendo switch, plug the Bluetooth adapter into the Nintendo switch USB-C port at the bottom, then press and hold the A or B pairing button on the adapter till the LED light flashes, turn on the pairing mode on the headphones, and place the headphones and adapter together. The adapter will automatically match and connect to the Bluetooth headphones, if not, follow the headphones manual or instruction on how to pair, then once the LED flashes and remains stable with white lights, the headphone is connected.
How to find a compatible Bluetooth adapter?
The Nintendo Switch was not designed to accommodate Bluetooth headphones or it is not compatible with Bluetooth headphones, but the Joy-Con controller is Bluetooth enabled to connect to the main unit, the unit is not designed to connect or pair with any other devices or stream audio over wireless Bluetooth. But there is a way to bypass this and pair wireless headphones, you will either use a 3.5mm audio jack for wired headphones or using a USB port adapter or Bluetooth transmitter. Luckily, there is a recommended USB port adapter that fits at the bottom of the Nintendo Switch console.
Best Nintendo switch Bluetooth adapter
The best Nintendo switch Bluetooth adapter is the Gulikit Route Air Bluetooth audio adapter. This device is also compatible with both switch and switch lite, ps4, ps5, PC, switch TV dock and supports all wireless headphones and speakers. The good thing about the Gulikit adapter is that it can pair or connect two headphones at the same time, it also comes with both USB-C and USB-A adapter and very easy to use.
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to Nintendo switch?
By now you should have decided which method you want to use to connect the headphone. To connect Bluetooth headphones to switch make sure headphone is fully charged and turned on, also the Nintendo should be charged and turned on. Follow this step-by-step guide to connect the Gulitki route air Bluetooth adapter.
- Turn on the pairing mode on the headphone, if you are not familiar with, the best option is to check the manual.
- Plug the GuliKit route air device into the Nintendo switch USB-C port at the bottom, but if you are using the console while on the docking station, then use the other adapter and plug it into USB-A on the side.
- Press and hold the A pairing button till the LED light flashes. The other B pairing button is used to connect the second headphones.
- Place the headphones and Gulikit close to each other.
- The Gulikit route air will automatically match and connect to the Bluetooth headphones.
- If not, follow the headphone manual or instruction for the headphones.
- Once the LED flashes and remains or becomes stable with white lights, the headphone is not connected.
How to pair Bluetooth headphones on docking mode?
You can also connect Bluetooth headphones to Nintendo when docked.
- . You should first plug the other USB into the USB-C adapter and then into Gulikit route air.
- Plug the route air adapter into the Nintendo Switch dock.
- The power of the adapter should turn on, hold down the A or B buttons until the white light starts to blink.
- Follow your Bluetooth headphones instruction manual on how to pair headphones.
- Make sure the adapter and headphones are placed near each other.
- A stable white light should appear on the Gulikit once the connection is successful.
Best Nintendo switch Bluetooth transmitter
The best Nintendo switch transmitter is the Taotronics Bluetooth 5.0 transmitter and receiver. This is a low latency transmitter that works with supported Bluetooth headphones and speakers, helps stream audio from non-Bluetooth devices like TV, PC, CD player, and Nintendo switch into Bluetooth transmitter.
How to connect Bluetooth transmitter to Nintendo switch?
If you are using the Taotronics Bluetooth 5.0 transmitter and receiver make sure it is fully charged.
- Set the switch on the transmitter to TX Mode.
- Plug the taotronic transmitter into the Nintendo switch 3.5mm audio jack.
- Press the transmitter power button for about five seconds or until the blue LED light flashes.
- Turn on your headphones to pairing mode.
- Then tap the power button on the transmitter twice to enter pairing mode and watch out for red and blue LED light flash.
- Once the headphone and transmitter and paired, you should see a stable solid blue light indicator, then you are ready to start streaming endlessly.
The Taotronics Bluetooth transmitter can connect different Bluetooth devices at once and the battery will also last up to 10 hours, but still, you could be charging it while streaming.
Does the Nintendo switch have Bluetooth?
The Nintendo Switch was not designed to accommodate Bluetooth headphones instead the Joy-Con controller is Bluetooth enabled to connect to the main unit, and the unit is not designed to connect or pair with any other devices wirelessly, you will need a Bluetooth adapter or a Bluetooth transmitter and receiver to do this. With an external adapter or transmitter, you can stream audio easily to headphones or speakers.
How do I turn on Bluetooth on my Nintendo switch?
Every time the Joy-Con is detached from the console, you need to connect it to the Bluetooth to be able to use it, go to system settings, select Flight Mode, Select Controller Connection which is the Bluetooth, and get connected.
Can you use AirPods on a switch?
It is possible to connect the AirPods to the Nintendo switch with the help of a Bluetooth adapter or dongle, you first need to connect the adapter or dongle to the switch, then you have to pair the adapter with the AirPods just like you will pair AirPods with phones.
Does Nintendo switch connect to TV?
If you want to connect a TV to a Nintendo switch, follow these guides.
- On the docking unit base, open the back panel.
- Then plug the USB-C power cable or AC adapter with the HDMI cable into the designated ports.
- Connect the USB-C cable to the power unit and plug the HDMI cable into the TV HDMI ports.
- Insert the switch console into a small USB-C plug in the dock.
- Turn on the power button on the switch.
- The TV should automatically connect to the Nintendo switch.
- If it’s not connected automatically, then use to TV remote to choose the right HDMI input channel that matches the HDMI behind the TV where it is plugged.
Can you play Nintendo switch on the TV without a dock?
You can play switch on the TV without a dock, you need an HDMI to USB-C converter to do this, plug the USB-C side to the switch and the HDMI side to the television.
The Nintendo switch Bluetooth is only compatible with the JOY-CON when on flight mode or tabletop mode. To connect a Bluetooth headphone you need either an adapter, a transmitter, or a 3.5mm audio jack. The GuliKit route air is the best and compatible Bluetooth adapter while the best transmitter is the Taotronics Bluetooth 5.0 transmitter and receiver.