Connecting Apple wireless headphones to Windows 10 is not as obvious as some people make it out to be. The challenge for some people is that they don’t know how to do it. For this, we commit to answering the question of how to connect AirPods to PC Windows 10.
First of all, you have to make sure that you have Bluetooth turned on your pc and then follow these steps below:
Once you have that done, take the AirPods out from their case and near your pc.
Step1: Put your AirPods close to your iPhone or iPad with iOS 10 or later. A notification will pop up. Tap Connect. If you don’t see the prompt, make sure you have Bluetooth turned on in Settings > Bluetooth.
Step2: On your PC, make sure Bluetooth is turned on in Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices. You’ll see a dialog that lists available devices. If you don’t see this option, ensure that Fast Pair is enabled in the same menu.
Step3: Get audio out of AirPods by using a 3.5mm audio cable or the included Lightning to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter and plug them into your Mac’s headphone port, or by using Bluetooth to connect AirPods with a speaker or other device.
Step4: To check which devices are paired to your PC, open Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
Step5: Once paired, AirPods will automatically connect to your iPhone or iPad when you’re on the same Wi-Fi network. You can also manually disconnect your AirPods from the Bluetooth settings page on your PC. To check which devices are connected to your Mac, open System Preferences > Bluetooth.
Step6: Apple wireless headphone is connected to PC successfully, now you can enjoy your favorite song with the AirPods.
The Airpods are the product of Apple, made for Apple devices such as iPhones and iPads. However, they can also be connected to many other devices including PCs and Android devices. In order to pair these Airpods to your PC, there are some certain steps that you need to follow to pair them successfully.
Airpods are wireless and use Bluetooth connectivity, once they are paired to your PC, you cannot use Siri voice assistant which works when you have paired these earbuds to an iPhone, iPad, or any other Apple device.
The following are the steps that you can follow to connect your Airpods to your PC.
- Firstly, you need to ensure that the Airpods are fully charged. They should also at least be partially charged.
- You should then open the charging case of the Airpods. But the AirPods should not be removed from this charging case.
- On the charging case, there is a circular button. You should press and hold this button for some seconds. You should wait for the light inside the case to blink to white. This puts your Airpods into pairing mode.
- Then go to the Bluetooth settings on your PC. Make sure to turn on the Bluetooth on your PC. You should then click the option that says add Bluetooth or other devices.
- Check if your Airpods appear on the device list that is available for pairing. If they appear, click the Airpods and pair them to your PC. When the connection is successful, your PC will display a message to show that the devices have successfully been paired.
- You can then use the Airpods to listen to music on your PC. Remove them from the case and then listen to your music by sticking them in your ears.
It is so possible to get a connection error. When this happens, you should close the case of the Airpods. You should so turn off the Bluetooth settings of your PC and restart the pairing process, following all the steps outlined above.
Airpods connect to your PC just like any other Bluetooth device. Therefore, when you want to disconnect them, you d so by placing them in the case and closing the lid.
Reconnecting Already Paired Airpods to a PC
When your AirPods have already been paired to your PC, reconnecting them is very easy. When you remove the Airpods from the charging case, they will automatically connect to the PC. If they do not reconnect, then follow the following steps to connect them.
- Start by opening the Bluetooth settings on your PC. You can do this by selecting the Bluetooth icon that is found on the taskbar or your system tray. You can also use the search bar to search for Bluetooth.
- Once you are in the Bluetooth settings. You should go to the audio section. You should then look for your Airpods in the Bluetooth and other devices section.
- The next step is to reconnect the Airpods to the PC. Click on the Airpods and on connect. This will reconnect your Airpods to your PC. If the connection is successful. You will hear an audio confirmation. Your screen will also show that they are connected.
When the Airpods are still failing to connect to your PC. You should place them in the charging case and close the rid. You should also turn off your PC’s Bluetooth. And forget the Airpods in your PC’s Bluetooth. This will allow you to restart the whole pairing process from scratch.
About the Apple Airpods
The Apple Airpods are true wireless earbuds. They provide a sound quality that is decent. Pairing these earbuds is very easy and will rarely give you any problems.
- Great battery life
- Decent sound quality
- An easy and quick pairing process
- Lack an inline remote
- Come in one size for all designs
Design and comfort
The style of the Apple Airpods is like that of the Apple wired Earpods. The difference is that the Airpods do not use cables. They have an aesthetic design that makes them look great.
They differ in the way that the Airpods have a thicker arm as compared to the Airpods. This is because it houses the battery and the Airpods microphone.
The Airpods are comfortable and have a design that allows them to fit in your ears properly. You can run or do workouts intensely without these Airpods gaming from your ears.
These Airpods do not come with a cable as the Earpods do. They also lack silicone ear tips. However, they are very comfortable even when used for prolonged hours.
The apple Airpods sound very good. They have decent sound quality. The bass is really nice and lively. It is not too heavy or too light. The mids and the treble notes are also well balanced.
The headphones produce sound with a lot of energy as well as some added rhythm to it. The sound stage is also at a good amount. It’s neither too small but it’s not very wide either. The sound experience that these Airpods give is very impressive.
The Apple Airpods are very easy to connect. They use Bluetooth technology and pairing them to your devices is very easy. The pairing process has been explained above. If you want to pair them to your phone, sing open the case and then look for them.
The Airpods in your Bluetooth settings on your phone and pair them. Once paired they will automatically connect to your device when you want to use them.
Pairing them to android devices is not the same as pairing them to apple devices. This is because these headphones are made for apple devices. To get them paired to non-apple devices, you will use the button on the case.
The Apple Airpods do not come with remote control. To adjust the volume or change tracks, you will have to use Siri. You can activate Siri by simply double-tapping on either of the earbuds. When you take one earbud out of your ears, the music will automatically pause.
The Airpods have thick stems that house the battery as well as the microphone. The battery life of these Airpods is very good. They give you a battery life of 5 hours on a single charge. The amount of recharging them is very short. They can be recharged using the charging case.
They have a charging case with a good design. The charging case can also be charged, there is a lightning port that is used for charging them. The charging case has a lot of power once it has been fully charged. You can even be able to charge your Airpods up to 4 times.
There is a LED beneath the lid of the charging case. This LED is there to tell you the status of the Airpods. You can check if they are fully charged or not. The LED will glow green or red.
Tips to follow when having trouble with pairing the Airpods
If you are still facing trouble with the connectivity you can see the following tips, they may help in solving your connectivity problem
- Before connecting the Airpods to your PC, you need to make sure that your PC’s Bluetooth is on. If it’s is off, start by turning it on.
- Make sure that the PC is not connected to any other headphones or Bluetooth speaker.
- If your AirPods were previously paired to another device that is in the same range, make sure that you turn off the Bluetooth of that device so that they do not automatically pair to your device and not your PC.
- The Airpods and the PC that you are trying to pair them to should not be very far away from each other, instead, they should be in a range where they can easily connect to one another.
- You should also try resetting the device’s Bluetooth connection. A simple way is to turn off the Bluetooth and turn it on again. You will then try to forget the Airpods on your PC and rediscover them again.
- Before you try connecting your Airpods to the PC. Make sure that they have been charged. This is because low battery life can sometimes be the reason your Airpods are failing to connect.
The Apple Airpods have great sound, battery life as well as design. These are very easy when it comes to pairing them. Pairing them only involves a few steps that have all been outlined in this post.
The apple Airpods can be connected to various devices including android devices as well as Windows PCs. Because of the lack of an inline remote, they work better for apple devices since they support Siri assistants.
Sometimes you may have to reset the Bluetooth connectivity so that they can be reconnected to your device. There are some tips that you can also follow when you are facing problems with connectivity. We hope this article helped you with how to connect Apple Airpods to your PC.