The Rock Band is a popular game with fun features like using a microphone. But the challenging part is knowing how to use the microphone on Rock band especially for newbies. In this article, I will answer the most common question on, how do you use the microphone on Rock Band, and then answer a more related question to rock band.
Insert the microphone USB cable into your system or console, wait for the hardware to be found by your system, it should start installing automatically, wait for it to install and load the microphone. Now the microphone has been installed and ready to work, the microphone will also work with any microphone-enabled applications like Google voice, Discord, Skype, and many more.
The rock band is a series of games that is available on different platforms like the Microsoft game console, Sony, and Nintendo. Most of this platform including systems running on Windows XP or later recognize the USB microphone just like any other USB. This is because the microphones use a regular USB interface and it is identical to both desktop and laptop systems.
How do you use the microphone on Rock Band?
I will break the whole process of how to use a Rock Band microphone into step by step so it’s easier to follow. Here are the steps:
To get the Rock Band microphone connected, first, insert the microphone USB which is at the end of the cable into your system or console. Once you have inserted the USB, wait for the hardware to be found by your system.
If you are using a recent version of Windows, it should start installing automatically, but if you are using an older version, you will be prompted to accept or allow Windows to search and install a driver for it. You should accept it if prompted.
Wait for Windows to install and load the microphone, most of the time, your anti-virus program will ask for permission to allow the driver to be installed, if prompted, you should accept or allow it.
Now the microphone has been installed and ready to work, the microphone will also work with any microphone-enabled applications like Google voice, Discord, Skype, and many more.
How to connect Rock Band microphone Xbox 360?
To connect Rock Band microphone Xbox 360 you need a compatible microphone because not all microphones will work using USB. Some of these microphones will require a driver to work, but with a compatible microphone, you don’t need a driver. I will recommend the Logitech Rock Band USB Microphone, it is compatible with Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, and PS2.
- Plugin the microphone into any free port (USB) then turn on the Xbox 360 controller, the controller is used to navigate around the menus, and to also activate the start power.
- Disconnect any connected headset to the controller, this is because if you have any headset connected while trying to connect your microphone, the game will use the headset as a microphone instead.
- Then on the screen, use the controller to select solo quickplay. Select a random song and wait for it to load.
- Once it’s finished loading, tap on the microphone and listen to hear the tapping from the speakers.
- Say some words to make sure it is working. You are all set to go.
How to connect microphone to Rock Band Wii?
- Once the microphone is unpacked, take the microphone cord and plug it into any open USB port in the Wii.
- There are two ways you can turn on the Wii, first by pressing the power button on the Wii, or by inserting a Rock Band game into the console, this will turn on the console automatically.
- Then turn on the Wii remote using any button to sync with the console.
- Use the remote to select menus, and to sign in to the microphone, this is to enable the Wii game to detect the microphone.
- You can use the remote to adjust any other microphone settings. Your microphone is now ready to use.
Will any USB microphone work with Wii?
Not every microphone work with Wii, firstly the microphones has to be a USB microphone without a driver. Also, most guitar hero and Rock Band branded USB mic does work with Wii and any console.
Wii microphone compatibility
Some microphones are Wii compatible and also compatible with other console gaming systems like the Logitech Vantage microphones. Most of these model line features USB connectivity that is compatible with Wii and other platforms, they also have basic designs like controls, buttons and some other functions. Other compatible brands include MadCatz and Komodo Wii compatible USB microphones.
Rock band microphone not working Wii
If your Rock Band microphone not working on Wii there are few things you can do to fix it. Try to plug it on each port, or try to plug in a regular controller on one of the USB ports. Plug the microphone into another USB port, this is to help the game recognize the game controller and microphone. Inserting the game controller is for game selection and settings.
How good is the rock band microphone?
The Rock Band microphone is not the greatest, but it is good and of fair quality, but the most important thing is that it gets the job done. This also depends on the room you are recording and the positioning of the microphone.
Can Rock Band mic be used on a computer?
Yes, you can use the Rock Band mic on a computer, you just a personal computer with space for a USB port for the Rock Band microphone to be plug-in.
Does any USB mic work with Rock Band 4?
Yes and No, yes because most wired USB microphones are compatible with the Rock Band 4, and No because microphones listed on Rock Band 4 instrument compatibility chart are not compatible with Rock Band 4.
Can you use a headset for rock band 4?
Yes, you can use a headset for rock band 4, you can use it to sing. Also, while trying to use the mic, make sure to unplug the headset, or else the system will pick the headset instead of the mic.
Can you play Rock Band 4 with a controller?
Yes, you can play Rock Band 4 with a controller, but make sure you plug in the legacy game controller adapter to play Rock Band 4 on Xbox.